Iv/Phlebotomy Certificate or strong experience is a must. Experience with EKG is also preferred. This job is primarily in a clinic.
1. Provides prescribed or emergency care to patients requiring professional nursing services, including: venipuncture, dressing changes, straight catheterization, suctioning, immunizations, etc.
2. Teaches and supervises family members, auxiliary nursing personnel, or others giving care via one-to-one instruction and educational in-services to DTC patients and staff.
3. Performs diagnostic tests as authorized by the Primary Care provider (PCP.) Obtains laboratory specimens when indicated. Provides treatment under medical direction.
4. Assesses, evaluates and reports to physician patient's physical and emotional condition, reaction to medications and/or treatments, and/or critical laboratory result requiring PCP intervention.
5. Reports pertinent patient information, and maintains up-to-date patient records.